You decluttered, cleaned, scrubbed and home staged your home to list it...now what? According to many REALTORS®, a buyer will visit an average of 15 to 20 houses before making an offer.Here are 5 tips to make sure you have successful home showings.
- Try to accept all home showings, even if it is not always convenient for you.
- If you have pets, take them with you if possible. If not, put them in a cage and post a sign warning people that you have a pet.
- Make sure the house smells pleasant, but no ''perfumy smells'' or strong food odours.
- Make all beds, wipe off counters, dry sinks, tubs and showers, dust often (especially if you have pets).
- Vacuum/sweep floors in high traffic areas, turn on all lights, open doors to all rooms.
Your REALTOR® will likely give you feedback on the visit. Keep in mind that the feedback will not always be positive and that any criticism of the home should not be taken personally, the right buyer for your home will come along.