We always say you only have one chance to make a good impression. That saying is also true for the exterior of your home. If you want people to come in for a visit, it has to appear maintained.
It doesn't mean you have to spend a fortune to spruce it up, but here a few things you CAN do:
- Freshen up the colour of the front door. Deep blue, dark grey and sage green are timeless choices.
- Clean the gutters.
- Clean the windows.
- Mow the grass, if needed.
- Replace the lightbulbs, if it's an evening visit, you want the exterior of your home to be well lit.
- Wash the siding, if needed.
- Plant some low maintenance flowers and shrubs to add some colours. Marigolds, Smoketree spurge and Hostas are good and relatively inexpensive choices.
We hope these tips will help you. If you would like to contact one of our REALTORS®, you can do so here.